From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ATX PS recommendation
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:19:46
1 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 25 March 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi group,
5 >>
6 >> I bought a Coolmax PS which was touted as the latest
7 >> and greatest and then it died. When I opened it up I
8 >> found the output crowded with puffy, oozing
9 >> electrolytic caps, most made by Fuhjyyu. A search for
10 >> Fuhjyyu on Google revealed that I'm not alone.
11 >>
12 >> Can somebody recommend a *reliable*, up-to-date PS,
15 >>> =400W with a 120mm fan?
16 >>>
17 >> Maxim
20 > Hi,
21 >
22 > I've used several LC6550 "Super Silent" PS without any problem (with AMD
23 > Athlon 64 and AMD Athlon 64 X2 processors). 550W and 120mm fan.
24 >
25 > Thierry
29 I just had a Coolmax CP-500T to burn out. I blew the dust out and some
30 knot head left a rubber band in it and it got caught up in my fan. We
31 all know what happened about 10 minutes later. Thing did run a while
32 with 0 cooling tho. I run folding with three hard drives spinning so it
33 had a good load on it.
34
35 I did like the power supply tho. It had a 120mm fan and was real
36 quiet. I couldn't hear it over the other noise in the case. I do have
37 several other fans running tho, including the CPU which runs pretty good
38 too.
39
40 This may help some. Lots of links too.
41 http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=458204
42
43 We feel your pain. :-(
44