From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server-1.5 = no memory card device
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:46:13
1 >> After upgrading to xorg-server-1.5, the /dev/sdb1 device no longer
2 >> appears when I insert a memory card.  Does anyone know why that is?
3 >>
4 >> - Grant
5 >
6 > you also did an udev update and nuked some config files?
7
8 It looks like udev was updated on March 31st and xorg-server on April
9 6th. I suppose it's possible I put off running etc-update until the
10 6th though, or much more likely is I didn't reboot until the 6th.
11 This behavior is the same across 2 laptops. My desktop is still on
12 xorg-server-1.5.3-r5 and it automounts the memory card.
13
14 If it's udev, where should I look?
15
16 - Grant