From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ["PATCH"] Linus breaks virtualbox-modules
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 01:15:45
1 On 02/20/2013 12:57 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Now that kernel 3.8.0 is officially released, 'tis the season for Linus to
4 >> start breaking all of the third-party kernel modules he can, and virtualbox-
5 >> modules is the first (nvidia.ko and other kernel modules to follow, probably ;)
8 > Linus just merges the stuff. No need to make it sound like a personal vendetta.
9
10 Hey Mike and Markos, I see you guys are both gentoo devs, so I (and all of us
11 nerds who hang out here) owe you both a huge thank-you for all your good work:
12 Thank you! (If this post were in html, that thank-you would be in huge type :)
13
14 My comment about Linus was an example of (what I call) my dry sense of humor.
15 (OTOH my wife would call me a sarcastic asshole, but she's wrong, of course.)