From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting path for qpkg
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:56:35
1 On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:22:16 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
4 > qpkg is not accessible, due to the path, unless
5 > I use: /usr/lib/gentoolkit/bin/qpkg
6 >
7 > Where is the best (bash shell) place to
8 > set this path once, so I do not have to
9 > type out the fully qualified pathname
10 > of the executable?
11 > I'd like it to survive the machinations of
12 > emerge, env-update et. al...
13
14 I just copy it to /usr/local/bin. Since /usr/local/bin/qpkg is not owned
15 by gentoolkit, it won't be touched by portage. An update to gentoolkit
16 will reinstall qpkg in the original location, but it will be the same
17 version as qpkg is deprecated.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 C Error #011: First C Program, huh?