From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Package specific post-emerge hooks?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:36:53
1 On 2018-06-12 22:47, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote:
2
3 > I was wondering if there was a way to run a shell script anytime a specific
4 > package is updated.
5
6 Create a /etc/portage/env/${CATEGORY}/${PACKAGE} file. It should be in
7 shell script syntax and contain a definition of the shell function
8 post_pkg_postinst.
11 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
12 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
13 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
14 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.