From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving the portage tree to /var
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 13:58:25
1 On 10/7/2014 6:03 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 07 Oct 2014 22:56:28 Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> Quite the opposite. Ideally, you should remove the PORTDIR setting
4 >> from make.conf. repos.conf is the newer, more flexible way to
5 >> configure it.
6 >>
7 >> Unfortunately, that will break some of the third-party portage tools
8 >> which parse make.conf directly.
9
10 > <Scratches head> ... so are we supposed to guess this, wait for a news article
11 > somewhere, or will it show up in an emerge log somewhere?
12
13 So... would appreciate a response from someone who knows.
14
15 I really dislike making systemic changes like this without really solid
16 guidance on how (and hopefully the why too)...