From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: In X: <up> wants to "save screenshot". How do I stop this?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 23:10:24
1 On 05/16/2012 03:00 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, Gentoo!
3 >
4 > Just this past hour, I've noticed that in Gnome 2, any depression of
5 > <up> wants to create a .png image of my current desktop. This is
6 > regardless of which application is currently active. This is
7 > particularly irritating in Firefox, where I want <up> to scroll the
8 > screen.
9 >
10 > I suspect this might have been caused by a recent update to the ?event
11 > library (I can't remember exactly what this was).
12 >
13 > I hate it when people do "clever" things like this. How can I make it
14 > stop?
15
16 You did me a huge favor by asking that question, thanks! While poking
17 around in the keyboard settings applet I discovered a well-hidden option
18 to disable the Caps-Lock key. I hit that stupid thing by accident at
19 least ten times/hour and say very vulgar things when it happens ;)
20
21 The keyboard-shortcuts applet does have an option to change the screenshot
22 hotkey, so maybe something changed it behind your back?