From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev problem with USB disk (SOLVED ?)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 00:29:58
1 Thank you alan and >Q<.
2
3 The problem seems to be that I was trying to mount (a partition of)
4 the usb disk at boot time with localmount. The localmount init script
5 is run before the usb filesystem (usbfs) is mounted. I have now
6 listed it as noauto in fstab and mount it in local.start.
7
8 But I did learn a few points in reading several doc (especially
9 drake's udev guide).
10
11 The docs suggest placing local rules in 10-local.rules since that
12 prevents them from being overwritten by later generic rules. I tried
13 moving it to 99-local.rules; nothing changed.
14
15 The URL referenced by Q suggests that you can only use one section of
16 output from udevinfo to construct a rule. In fact you can use two,
17 the original "dev" node and ONE parent. Thus I could include the
18 serial number as a matching criteria.
19
20 Again thanks for the help.
21 allan
22 --