From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Software suspend 2
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 02:33:48
1 I am no lilo expert, but the forst thing that strikes me about the lilo
2 file you posted is that most of the lines have no spaces around the =
3 sign. Line 14 does.
6 On Sun, 21 May 2006 21:57:02 -0400
7 James Colby wrote:
8
9 > List members -
10 >
11 > I am trying to to set up software suspend 2 on my laptop using the
12 > instructions found on gentoo-wiki.com. I am at the section where I
13 > need to configure my boot loader (I'm using lilo) and when I add the
14 > following entry to my lilo.conf:
15 > image=/boot/gentoo-suspend2
16 > label=gentoo-suspend2
17 > append = resume2=swap:/dev/hda7
18 > read-only
19 > root=/dev/hda8
20 >
21 > I get the following error when running lilo:
22 > Syntax error at or above line 14 in file '/etc/lilo.conf'. Line 14 is
23 > the append line. Does anyone have any idea as to what may be causing
24 > this?
25 >
26 > Thanks,
27 > James