From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Patch failed to apply - System will no longer upgrade
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 08:12:04
1 On Sunday 07 June 2009 19:02:54 Rod wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > This issue is really pissing me off, I have ried almost all the
5 > fixes, even to the point of booting and copying a Stage3 tarball over
6 > the running system and doing a Stage3 Install.
7 >
8 > No matter what I do, and for almost ALL packages I get ..
9 > * Portage patch failed to apply (ltmain.sh version 1.5.24)!
10 > * Please bug azarah or vapier to add proper patch.
11 > *
12 > * ERROR: dev-libs/gmp-4.3.1 failed.
13 > * Call stack:
14 > * ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_unpack
15 > * environment, line 2811: Called elibtoolize
16 > * environment, line 1065: Called die
17 > * The specific snippet of code:
18 > * die "Portage patch failed to apply!";
19 > * The die message:
20 > * Portage patch failed to apply!
21 >
22 > For this package and everything else I wish to apply, this is
23 > locking my system in time so I can no longer upgrade any software ;o(
24
25 Assuming that this is a problem on your end (no-one else is reporting portage
26 problems), let's look at why patch is failing.
27
28 If you manually unpack the distfile and try to patch it, what errors do you
29 get?
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com