From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: Gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone successful in paravirtualizing Gentoo on XenServer?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 05:32:21
1 On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 00:03, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > I'm trying to run Gentoo in PV-mode on XenServer 5.6. I have been
5 > unsuccessful for the past 8 or 9 attempts (I've lost count already).
6 >
7 > So, I'd like to know if any of you have successfully paravirtualized
8 > Gentoo on XenServer?
9 >
10 > I also have some questions:
11 >
12 > 1. Is it true that PV mode is supported only on amd64 kernel? Because
13 > when I do a 'make menuconfig' on x86, some Xen-related options are not
14 > visible.
15 >
16 > 1a. What about the 'hardened' kernel?
17 >
18 > 2. Does XenServer's pygrub require an initrd? If so, how do I make one
19 > without using 'genkernel'?
20 >
21 > 3. Is there any settings I should be careful of, beside those related
22 > to Xen? Like, such-and-such *must* be included or excluded?
23 >
24 > Thank you for you kind help :)
25
26 Okay. With 'genkernel' I've managed to boot and see the login prompt.
27
28 However, it seems to ignore all inputs. I.e., I can't type my login.
29
30 But if I press XenCenter's "Shutdown" button, it shutdowns properly,
31 and provided the message "System halted"
32
33 Any pointers?
34
35 Rgds,