From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] docutils needing py2.7, but not wanting py2.7?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 01:08:39
1 On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 12:54:08AM +0000, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
2 > (i hope i'm not missing much for having ipython with -smp)
3
4 Well, you might be, depending on how much load you place on it, and how much you
5 care about squeezing out the maximum amount of performance *. From use.desc:
6
7 smp - Enable support for multiprocessors or multicore systems
8
9 The fact that smp causes the unfortunate circle of pain tells us that it is one
10 of the following packages, or their dependencies, is problematic:
11
12 smp? (
13 >=dev-python/ipykernel-5.1.0[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
14 >=dev-python/ipyparallel-6.2.3[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
15 )"
16
17 Do you currently have either of these packages installed ?
18
19 * I don't use any of the involved packages, so I'm only guessing here. Perhaps
20 someone with greater knowledge of Python on Gentoo could shed some light on this
21 topic. It might be worth contacting Michał (mgorny) if no one here can derive
22 the source of this issue.
26 Ashley Dixon
27 suugaku.co.uk
30 DA96 D18A