From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Splitting large audio files into tracks
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 12:15:08
1 On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 23:09:27 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I have quite a few large audio rip files that need to be split up into
7 > their respective tracks. They were wrongly ripped back when and the
8 > original CDs aren't available anymore.
9 >
10 > I very seldom work with audio files directly, so I'm mostly clueless
11 > in this area and it's easier to ask folks who do this often what
12 > packages out there are good at it.
13 >
14 > Bonus points for packages that use musicbrainz or similar
15
16 You do not mention whether you by chance have CUE or TOC files that
17 contains time points at which the big files should be split. If yes
18 then Flacon (media-sound/flacon) can be used to split the file
19 according a CUE file. It has also CDDB support (even though I don't
20 remember using it and in fact it shows an error popup when I've tried
21 it now) or you can edit metadata manually. If you prefer command line
22 then media-sound/shntool contains command shnsplit:
23
24 $ shnsplit -f <cue_file>.cue <audio_file>
25
26 For more mature metadata editing I recommend media-sound/easytag.
27
28 If you do not have the CUE file then Ardour (media-sound/ardour) can be
29 used to create it. You would have to manually mark beginning of each
30 track and then export. (It requires Jack server so it is not a
31 lightweight solution but I like working with it.)
32
33 Also good old media-sound/gramofile should be able split files
34 automatically, but I have no experience with it.
35
36 Robert
40 Róbert Èeròanský
41 E-mail: openhs@×××××××××.com