From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with screen turning off
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:40:07
1 On Wednesday 26 April 2006 03:45, Geoff wrote:
2 > Can anyone tell me where the settings are that controls the video
3 > signal
4 > to the screen. My screen goes off (but still has power on after about 5
5 > minutes and I want it to stay on all the time. I have no screen saver or
6 > anything set.
7
8 xset --help
9
10 xset --help
11 xset: unknown option --help
12
13 usage: xset [-display host:dpy] option ...
14 To turn bell off:
15 -b b off b 0
16 To set bell volume, pitch and duration:
17 b [vol [pitch [dur]]] b on
18 To disable bug compatibility mode:
19 -bc
20 To enable bug compatibility mode:
21 bc
22 To turn keyclick off:
23 -c c off c 0
24 To set keyclick volume:
25 c [0-100] c on
26 To control Energy Star (DPMS) features:
27 -dpms Energy Star features off
28 +dpms Energy Star features on
29 dpms [standby [suspend [off]]]
30 force standby
31 force suspend
32 force off
33 force on
34 (also implicitly enables DPMS features)
35 a timeout value of zero disables the mode
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list