From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean and PyQt4 blocking
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:47:16
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> emerge --update
5 >> --newuse --deep @system @world
8 > Did you do that command? AFAIK depclean should only be done after
9 > world has been fully updated.
10 >
11 > I don't know what profile/arch you're running... On my system it was
12 > recently upgraded to Qt-4.5, so if that's the case for you then I'd
13 > unmerge the Qt-4.4 stuff entirely and then update world and see what
14 > it tries to bring in.
19 World the way it is set up includes system. I don't use the sets
20 feature as of yet. So world includes system as long as you leave off
21 the @ thingy.
22
23 I posted this on the forums after a day or so. A developer posted the
24 fix. Here it is quoted from
25 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-5524910.html?sid=5a3c9d2154aae9b9c83e8215933a8df7#5524910
26 :
27
28 > What is probably happening here is that PyQt4 is linking qt-assistant
29 > and qt-xmlpatterns, if these packages are installed. But they are not
30 > listed as dependencies in the ebuild. So you can either (1) leave
31 > things as installed now, or (2) unmerge qt-assistant and
32 > qt-xmlpatterns, and then rebuild PyQt4.
33 >
34 > That those packages are not listed in the PyQt4 ebuild as optional
35 > dependencies is a bug that needs to be fixed tho.
36
37 Unmerging those then rebuilding PyQt4 worked and it comes back clean.
38 Finer than frog hair now. ;-)
39
40 Dale
41