From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recompile system but omit package?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:26:17
1 On 2010-04-18 1:11 PM, Vincent Launchbury wrote:
2 > On 04/18/10 11:00, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> Crap, doesn't look like this will work...
4 >>
5 >> After masking gcc (and glibc - same argument there), I get:
6 >>
7 >> emerge -pev world
8 >> <snip>
9 >>
10 >> !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "virtual/libc" have been masked.
11 >> !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
12 >> request:
13 >> - sys-libs/glibc-2.11-r1 (masked by: package.mask, ~amd64 keyword)
14 >> - sys-libs/glibc-2.11 (masked by: package.mask, ~amd64 keyword)
15 >> <snip>
16 >> For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
17 >> man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
18 >>
19 >> myhost : Sun Apr 18, 10:56:51 : ~
20 >> #
21 >>
22 >> Any other ideas?
23
24 > This is normal, it's informing you that those packages are masked, but
25 > not actually blocking the other updates. If you do:
26 >
27 > #emerge -e world -av
28 >
29 > i.e ask instead of pretend, it will output those warnings, and then ask
30 > you if you want to proceed with updating the rest.
31
32 Well of all the... !
33
34 :) Thanks Vincent... I guess that makes sense. The way those errors were
35 formatted though, it resembled the [B] blocking errors I've encountered
36 in the past, so I thought it meant they needed to be fixed first...
37
38 Anyway, I learned a few things (--resume --skipfirst, how to output a
39 list of packages to a file then emerge them, etc), so it wasn't wasted
40 bandwidth, for me at least... ;)
41
42 Thanks guys...
46 Charles