From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: GentooUser <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage mirrors difference???
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:13:37
1 Hello,
2
3 I have two machines with gentoo here. Unfortunately I've been too lazy
4 to setup local portage mirroring (will do it in the not-so-distant
5 future). But right now I'm sync'ing both machines to Gentoos portage
6 mirrors. However they are slightly differently configured; one is set to
7 sync to the european mirrors (rsync.europe.gentoo.org - european
8 rotation server) and the other one is not set so it sync's to whatever
9 the default rotation rsync server points to. Otherwise they are
10 similarly configured (both are used as workstations and powered on only
11 when I use them).
12
13 Right now I have a GLSA warning on the european configured one:
14 200808-12 [N] Postfix: local...
15
16 On the other one there is no GLSA warning, although both wants to
17 upgrade to postfix 2.5.5 (I only run them as local mta, using unix
18 socket only and I'm the only user of the machines - no public services
19 are running). This has been like this for about a week now. Does anyone
20 know why this difference occurs? I'm just curious...
21
22 Best regards
23
24 Peter K