From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: removal of esound
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 14:15:45
1 Hartmut Figge wrote:
2 > 'and such' also works here. *g*
3 >
4 > alsa is enabled in the kernel and i have these packages installed:
5 >
6 > hafi@i5_64 ~ $ eix -I --only-names alsa
7 > media-libs/alsa-lib
8 > media-sound/alsa-headers
9 > media-sound/alsa-utils
10 > media-sound/alsaplayer
11 >
12 > May it be that you have other packages regarding alsa installed also? If
13 > the notification works for you and you are only using alsa, then
14 > perhaps... :)
15 >
16 > Hartmut
17
18 I have these installed:
19
20 root@fireball / # eix -I --only-names alsa
21 media-libs/alsa-lib
22 media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa
23 media-sound/alsa-headers
24 media-sound/alsa-utils
25 media-sound/alsamixergui
26 root@fireball / #
27
28 The difference is: gst-plugins-alsa and alsamixergui. I just wonder if
29 alsamixer has something muted? Have you ran alsamixer to check it? It
30 can run on a console. You should have that installed already. It is
31 part of alsa-utils. The master channel and the PCM channel is the
32 important ones. Be careful tho, it can play sounds that are pretty
33 loud. If it is muted, you can hit the M key to unmute it. It toggles.
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
41
42 Miss the compile output? Hint:
43 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"