From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost "middle click opens links" in KDE/Firefox combo - anyone else?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 11:26:33
1 On Thursday, 30 January 2020 09:28:56 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 09:07:00 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > On Thursday, 30 January 2020 05:41:34 GMT Andrew Lowe wrote:
4 > > > Yesterday afternoon, and for the last ??? years, I could be
5 > > >
6 > > > using Firefox, within KDE and with a Logitech M560[1] mouse, middle
7 > > > click on a link and a new tab would open containing the link.
8 > >
9 > > Yes, middle-click would paste a URL and FF would load it. This has
10 > > been the behaviour of FF for as long as I can think on different
11 > > desktops, not just Plasma/KDE.
12 > >
13 > > > I did an "emerge world", which included some KDE stuff, but
14 > > >
15 > > > not Firefox, last night and this morning, this functionality is now
16 > > > gone. Has anyone else got this problem or come across it being
17 > > > mentioning in their wanderings of the web?
18 > >
19 > > I can confirm I can't paste with the middle button and navigate to a
20 > > URL in FF or Falkon, but I don't know what has caused this. From what
21 > > I recall Chromium never worked, while FF always did.
22 >
23 > Chromium still behaves as it always did here, with a middle-click opening
24 > the link in a new tab.
25
26 Hmm ... I just checked again. It doesn't do so on two different systems. I
27 wonder if some setting is responsible for it not working here. :-/
30 Regards,
31
32 Mick