From: Rafa Griman <rafagriman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with aclocal
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 16:12:38
1 Yo Alan !!
2
3 On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On 02/05/2013 17:09, Jackie wrote:
5 >> My problem was similiar to Rafa's,though I was compiling
6 >> dev-python/pygtk-2.24.0-r3.But I also got same autom4te & aclcal error
7 >> as Rafa.But I just masked automake-1.13.1 downgraded to automake-1.12.6
8 >> and the compilation went through,then I unmasked automake-1.31.1 and
9 >> upgraded it back again.Maybe you can try it,too.Just to solve the
10 >> problem for now.(After I upgradeed automake to 1.13.1,I compiled
11 >> dev-python/pygtk-2.24.0-r3,the same error appeared again,so it seemed
12 >> that sth might be wrong with automake-1.13.1)
13 >
14 > The easiest way to deal with that if it's just a single package failing is
15 >
16 > WANT_AUTOMAKE=<version> emerge ....
17 >
18 > It tells portage to not try autodetect stuff but rather to use the SLOT
19 > specified by you.
20 > In this case though, the breakage seems to be somewhat more than just a
21 > few packages, which probably requires masking till automake is fixed
22 > properly.
25 That's what I was trying but I guess I was masking blindly. As you
26 say, WANT_AUTOMAKE is useful when you've got just a handful of
27 packages. In my case ... let's say you've got big hands and both of
28 them are full ;)
29
30 I'll try to figure out what has to me masked. I'll check what Jackie
31 says in his e-mail and see if I get it working.
34 > The whole thing is rather a scathing comment at whoever committed the
35 > automake change, as quite obviously the correct answer to "How much
36 > testing did you do?" is "very little if any"
39 Well ... I'm testing right now ;) So if the developer/maintainer is
40 reading this thread ... hope it helps in some way. I can send him all
41 the info he might need/want.
42
43 Thanks guys !!
44