From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] linux boot logo in 2.6.29-gentoo sources
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:51:33
1 on 03/25/2009 11:04 PM Alan McKinnon wrote the following:
2 > On Wednesday 25 March 2009 22:50:46 Thanasis wrote:
3 >
4 >> Has anyone seen the boot logo in 2.6.29-gentoo sources?
5 >> usr/src/linux/drivers/video/logo/logo_linux_vga16.ppm
6 >>
7 >> Why did they substitute the penguin with this ugly disguised mouse?
10 > It's not a mouse, it's a Tasmanian Devil which isn't a rodent but the worlds
11 > only surviving predatory marsupial. The animal population is under threat from
12 > the only cancer known to science to be transmitted via biting. It affects the
13 > devils around the mouth and jaw (where they routinely bite each other) and is
14 > fatal in every known case within 3 to 9 months.
15 >
16 > The most recent Linux Dev Conference was in Australia and included a drive to
17 > raise awareness and funds to help protect this endangered animal.
18 >
19 > Our devil has a name - Tuz.
22 OK. :-)
23 But I must say, I was a bit shocked, when I first saw it,...I
24 thought...hey, has my system been compromised ? :-)