From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] -flto set for simh-3.9.0-r1 let gcc fail on my Beaglebone Black
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 03:06:38
2 > For me I need to know, whether it is safe to recompile gcc natively on
3 > the beaglebone with lto support enabled via USE flag.
4 > This compilation will take about eight hours.
5 > So it would be fine to decide on a little bit more than try and error. ;)
6 >
7 > Or how can I circumvent the described problems?
10 There's not much risk to just try the recompile, since you can always
11 revert to the gcc from the tarball, right? (or quickpkg) Or is it the 8
12 hours that you're concerned about? If so, sounds like an overnight job.
13
14 When looking at this on my system I found that lto use flag was not in gcc
15 - so i have broken my config at some stage. (im whilelisting packages for
16 lto, not blacklisting, so the config is a little different). Rebuilding
17 4.7.3 now to try it out.