From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] full shutdown
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:43:17
1 On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:24:39 -0400
2 Simon <turner25@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I'm recompiling the kernel almost as often as I breathe and i wonder
5 > if I'm not missing some steps (during or after)... I have acpi
6 > installed and init.d/acpi is started. acpi support was compiled in
7 > kernel and i tried with and without the CONFIG_ACPI_ASUS with no
8 > difference. I'm using kernel 2.6.24 (for several drivers that are
9 > most compatible with this one). I have almost the same install on 2
10 > different PCs (with obvious tweakings in kernel options and /etc) and
11 > the most recent one shuts down correctly, the older one does the same
12 > thing as my eeepc...
13
14 Make sure you have these:
15
16 PM and ACPI -->
17 [X] PM support
18 [X] ACPI support -->
19 [X] Button
20
21 Even VMs won't cut the (virtual) power w/o these options.
24 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net