From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I chroot to a folder?
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:23:14
1 On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I want to install a samba server using Gentoo. But I decided to start the
5 > installation o my machine and make a stage4 at some folder. The idea is to
6 > spent less time at the target machine.
7 >
8 > But, when I try to chroot, I get the error:
9 >
10 > "chroot: failed to run command '/bin/bash': Permission Denied"
11 >
12 > the permitions are ok:
13 >
14 > ls -l /media/outro/gentoo/bin/bash
15 > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 737808 Jan 30 02:55 /media/outro/gentoo/bin/bash
16
17 Is that partition mounted with "noexec" option? or "user" option
18 without explicit "exec" option?
19
20 > Do I need to create a partition just for this?
21
22 Nope