From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openssl 1.0.1c/d have serious issues?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:17:05
1 On 2013-05-23 4:28 PM, Alex <alex@×××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 01:49:47PM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
5 >> On 2013-05-22 12:38 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@××××××.com> wrote:
6 >> > Both 1.0.1c and 1.0.1d had *serious* problems.
7 >>
8 > and what are these *serious* problems? Are there any links, CVEs?
9
10 I don't know, but if Victor Duchovni says there are problems and
11 recommends against using this version unless it contains all of the
12 necessary patches to address whatever problems there are, then that is
13 good enough for me.
14
15 Quanah also appears to be a legitimate source (he is the one who said
16 'serious' problems)...
17
18 When I asked about the serious problems, I was directed to the release
19 notes, which didn't tell me much - which is why I asked here...