From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autoloading ipw3945
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 04:45:57
1 At Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:19:55 +0930 Novensiles divi Flamen <noven@×××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > I used to have the modules load , which initiated the ipw3945d with an error
4 > that it can't start until runlevel three, then it worked perfectly once that
5 > runlevel was reached. Now it loads the module but delays starting ipw3945d
6 > until inside runlevel three with the message "device initiated services:
7 > ipw3945d udev-postmount". I think an upgrade made the difference. So maybe
8 > they have nothing to do with each other except being launched at the same
9 > time.
10 >
11 > I've been poking through my system and can't find anything that explicitly
12 > controls when it starts.
13 >
14 > I'm using baselayout-1.12.10-r4, ipw3945-1.2.0, ipw3945d-1.7.22-r4 . See if
15 > using those versions makes it magically 'just work' for you. I fnot I can
16 > poke around more.
17
18 Well I am running stable x86 so my baselayout is only 1.12.9-r2 and
19 perhaps your newer version loads ipw3945. However, I am a little
20 leery of running unstable baselayout. So I think I'll wait for the
21 new version to become stable. I have filed a note to myself to see if
22 that eliminates the (fairly painless) error message that I now get.
23
24 Thanks again for your help and effort.
25 allan
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list