From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Invalid module format
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 07:57:17
1 Tamer Higazi writes:
2
3 > I did what you say, now the magic issue comes, the kernel drivers ARE
4 > BUILT for this kernel, here the modinfo output:
5 >
6 > tamer@office ~ $ sudo modinfo
7 > /lib/modules/3.3.8-gentoo/kernel/drivers/net/wan/wanpipe.ko
8 > +filename: /lib/modules/3.3.8-gentoo/kernel/drivers/net/wan/wanpipe.ko
9 > license: GPL
11 > author: Nenad Corbic <ncorbic@×××××××.com>
12 > depends: sdladrv,wanrouter
13 > vermagic: 3.3.8-gentoo SMP mod_unload modversions
14
15 Does modinfo say exactly the same for another, regular kernel module you
16 compiled when building the kernel?
17
18 > I am running the 3.3.8 SMP kernel, and I don't know why he doesn't load
19 > the modules. This is what droves me crazy about it....
20 >
21 > any other ideas?!
22
23 Did you use the same compiler version for building the kernel and for
24 wanpipe?
25
26 Maybe enabling CONFIG_MODVERSIONS in your kernel will help (Enable
27 loadable module support --> Module versioning support), but I doubt it.
28
29 Wonko