From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rearranging hard drives and data.
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 17:06:30
1 On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 07:02:23 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have another question related to LVM.  Let's say a system crashes and
4 > dies.  Or I just move a drive, or drives, with LVM on it to another
5 > system.  Does the system just recognize the drives and knows how to add
6 > them or do I have to do that manually on the new system?
7
8 It should just work if you move all the PVs in the volume group. One
9 thing to watch out for is if the destination system is already using LVM,
10 the volume groups must be named differently. That's why I always use
11 unique VG names based on the hostname.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 An atheist is someone who feels he has no invisible means of support.