From: Don Jerman <djerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: migrating to LVM
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:47:03
1 On 10/20/07, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Hello Don Jerman,
3 >
4 > > So / and /boot will be smallish physical partitions - I use the
5 > > minimum size for /boot and around 10G for root,
6 >
7 > When did 10GB become small for a root partition? I have a 400MB root
8 > partition, 35% full, no /boot and everything else on LVM.
11 > --
12 > Neil Bothwick
13 >
14 > Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery :)
17 Since my smallest hard disk is a quarter terabyte :) 8G to 10G is
18 plenty to keep portage and compile openoffice before you build out
19 your logical volumes, and my goal is to simplify management, more than
20 to manage efficiently.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list