From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Typewriter sound
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:18:07
1 On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 17:14 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > I have not tried it, but a Google search showed me this:
3 > http://github.com/colszowka/linux-typewriter
4 >
5 > BTW - I have Unicomp keyboards (modern version of IBM Model M) and
6 > they are loud and awesome ;)
9 This is a weird script. It's a ruby script that creates a web server,
10 but the web server listens for...
11
12 It runs a python script that uses python-xlib to listen for key presses,
13 and when a key is pressed it uses curl to open the connection to the
14 ruby script.. when the ruby script receives a request it plays a sound.
15
16 So really it's the Python script that's doing all the work... If you can
17 just try downloading the python script[1] and replacing 'curl
18 http://localhost:4567/key' with 'aplay myfile.wav'
19
20 [1]
21 http://github.com/colszowka/linux-typewriter/blob/master/bin/keypress.py