From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] asciidoc Fetched file: asciidoc-9.0.5.tar.gz VERIFY FAILED!
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 00:01:53
1 On 2/28/21 4:53 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > For the past couple weeks, this package has failed to update because it
5 > is the wrong size.  This is from the logs for today.
8 > 2021-02-22 07:20:45 (96.2 KB/s) -
9 > ‘/var/cache/portage/distfiles/asciidoc-9.0.5.tar.gz.__download__’ saved
10 > [1119288]
11 >
12 > !!! Fetched file: asciidoc-9.0.5.tar.gz VERIFY FAILED!
13 > !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
14 > !!! Got:      1119288
15 > !!! Expected: 1119318
16 > Refetching... File renamed to
17 > '/var/cache/portage/distfiles/asciidoc-9.0.5.tar.gz._checksum_failure_.ngu5ov57'
18 >
19 > !!! Couldn't download 'asciidoc-9.0.5.tar.gz'. Aborting.
22 > I found a bug that I think addresses this issue.  It appears it should
23 > be fixed but I've synced twice since then and it still fails.  Here's
24 > the bug.
25 >
26 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/770841
27 >
28 > I've also tried different versions with no change.  Any one else running
29 > into this?  Is something wrong on my end that is preventing the fix from
30 > reaching me?  Am I missing something else?
31 >
32 > Thanks.
33 >
34 > Dale
35
36 I just installed asciidoc-9.0.4 and then 9.0.5 with no problems.
37 However, something seems odd, since those ebuilds are dated 2/14, so not
38 recently updated.  That bug looks like they identified the necessary
39 fixes, but didn't actually apply them yet.  I think what happened is
40 that upstream made those changes talked about in the bug, but the new
41 tarballs have not hit all the mirrors yet.  If you happen to hit a
42 mirror  with the old files, the emerge will work OK.  If you hit a
43 mirror with the new tarballs, you'll get the failure you got.  Since you
44 already have the new tarball, maybe you just need to manually edit the
45 ebuild per the bug, and rerun "ebuild path/to/file.ebuild manifest" to
46 manually update the hash for the tarball, if you trust the tarball you have.
47
48 Jack