From: Richard Marz <Richard.marz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage Sneakernet
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 01:57:27
1 I have a networkless box that I've gentoo installed on. I grabbed the
2 latest portage snapshot from one of the mirrors. I ran emerge -DNeF
3 world and system on my networked machine to try and fetch every possible
4 file needed to install my world and system programs. Then I tarred the
5 distfiles directory which was about 2.5GB and dumped it
6 into /usr/portage/ on my networkless box. When installing certain
7 programs on my networkless pc; It complains about not being able to
8 fetch some package dependencies. Is there an emerge option/switch that I
9 can use to make sure I fetch every possible depedency/package for every
10 package in my world and system set. The portage snapshots and distfiles
11 are in sync. Thanks.
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list