From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 22:44:08
1 Dale writes:
2
3 > I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that
4 > have done theirs? Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there
5 > issues? I'm mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I
6 > have. Just a simple works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice.
7 > List issues if you had any.
8
9 I switched my main system about at least a year ago (and later on some
10 mor emachines), and it was without trouble. Be sure to update your
11 config files. The howto even had some points in it that it told had to
12 be done (I think adding init services to runlevels), but they were
13 somehow performed automagically.
14
15 Only slight problem I noticed: my file systems are being checked for the
16 need to be fscked for two times when booting. If a fsck is started, the
17 first one can be aborted with Ctrl-C as it used to be, the 2nd one
18 cannnot, which can be annoying if the partition is very large and I want
19 to use the PC _now_. I did not investigate this further, whether
20 /etc/init.d/fsck is called for two times or what. I thought it had to do
21 with all my partitions being on LUKS, but I don't even remember why I
22 thought this.
23
24 Anyway, I think the update is quite safe when you follow the instructions.
25
26 Wonko