From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compile gcc reboot my laptop!
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:56:36
1 Hi Arnaud
2
3 On 28/03/07, Arnaud FARINE <arnaud.farine@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I try to compile gcc 4.1 on my gentoo 2.16-r9. During compilation my machine
7 > is stopped.
8 > I doesn't get error message in messages log, emerge log or dmesg...
9 >
10 > Strange...Could you know this problem ?
11 >
12 > When I compiled I was on my KDE environment.
13 >
14 > --
15 > Arnaud FARINE
18 I recently had exactly the same problem. I went round the houses
19 thinking it was a PSU issue, then a memory issue, then a disk issue...
20 my advice: first check all your filesystems to make sure there are no
21 errors - there were errors on one of my filesystems, which is what was
22 causing the problem. If there aren't then it must be something else,
23 for which it might be more helpful if you post a detailed summary of
24 the hardware in your laptop.
25
26 Jeff
27 --
28 Q: What will happen in the Aftermath?
29
30 A: Impossible to tell, since we're still in the Beforemath.
31
32 http://latedeveloper.org.uk
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list