From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 03:04:33
1 Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 1/15/22 7:47 AM, tastytea wrote:
3 >> Did you know you can search with / and then jump to the results with
4 >> the number keys?
5 >
6 > I've been using the search for decades*.  But I didn't know about the
7 > number keys to jump until reading this message and trying it.  #TIL
8 >
9 > *Yes, I've been using Linux for more than two decades.  It's been my
10 > primary desktop for almost all of that time too.
16 You are not alone Grant.  I started with my first puter back in 2003 and
17 I had no idea about the number thing.  I gave it a test run and gosh
18 darn it, it worked.  That's a lot better than trying to hunt the thing
19 down.
20
21 I also noticed that when you exit out, it goes back to the search
22 results instead of the previous menu.  That is good when you have to
23 enable several things to get the driver you want to show up.  What a
24 awesome piece of info.
25
26 Dale
27