From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: website design
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:53:30
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 03:33 on Saturday 04 June 2011, Dale did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Indi wrote:
5 > > On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 03:00:01AM +0200, Stroller wrote:
6 > >> On 3 June 2011, at 08:44, Alan McKinnon wrote:
7 > >>> ...
8 > >>> So it's like that Java-based gmail client for smartphones? The one that
9 > >>> can only top posts and gives the user no way to do it otherwise.
10 > >>
11 > >> I thought *every* mail client for smart phones did that, these days, and
12 > >> that we on this list had gone from being a bunch of intolerant geek
13 > >> assholes (genuinely not looking at anyone specific here) who could not
14 > >> accept top-posting under any circumstances to permitting it from those
15 > >> devices.
16 > >
17 > > Where's the fun in that?
18 >
19 > What I would like to know is why some threads get broken up? My mail
20 > client here follows these conversations as threads. For some reason,
21 > recently the threads are getting broken as if someone started a fresh one.
22 >
23 > I'm sure this is not intentional and may not be avoidable but it makes
24 > it difficult to follow the conversation.
25 >
26 > Is the same happening for others or is it just picking on me?
27
28 No it's not just you. I'm seeing thread fragmentation too.
29
30 I have threading set by headers and by subject line and it still happens. So
31 someone is using a mail client that changes subject lines.
35 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com