From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb stick autodiscovery
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:37:00
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On most of my kde workstations when I plug in a
5 > usb(memory)stick and popup screen appears
6 > "Devices recently plugged in:"
7 >
8 > On one kde system, this does not occur and I
9 > do not know what app/software to install or configure
12 > lsusb shows the device properly, just like the other
13 > system. None of the systems that work correctly use
14 > coldplug, all have the dbus flag set in make.conf.
15 >
16 > Any hints are most appreciated.
17 >
18 > James
22 On mine, I had to add the "device notifier" widget to the panel. That
23 is what does the little pop up here. Looks like one of your systems
24 didn't add that by default, mine didn't either tho.
25
26 Oh, the unmount/eject thingy don't work here. Do a sync command
27 somewhere after copying files over to make sure it didn't cache them
28 somewhere instead of writing them right then.
29
30 Dale
31