From: Boris Fersing <kernelsensei@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I exclude a package from --depclean's consideration?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:03:48
1 On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 18:45, Mike Kazantsev<mk.fraggod@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:22:41 -0500
3 > Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> "emerge --depclean" always wants to remove all but the most recent
6 >> version of gentoo-sources. I read the manpage and can't figure out how
7 >> to exclude this package. The manpage states:
8 >>
9 >> "Packages that are part of the world set will always be kept."
10 >>
11 >> However, if I have sys-kernel/gentoo-sources in world, it still wants
12 >> to remove all but the most recent version of that package, which I
13 >> think is the correct behavior... just not what I desire.
14 >
15 > It's kinda case of "italian strike" - doing the job to the letter ;)
18 >> So, my question: Is there a way to tell depclean to never remove *any*
19 >> version of gentoo-sources?
20 >
21 > That's where portage-2.2 sets find another use.
22 > Just add following set to /usr/share/portage/config/sets.conf:
23 >
24 >  [kernels]
25 >  class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
26 >  world-candidate = False
27 >  files = /usr/src
28
29 Hi,
30
31 did you read the first lines of this file ?
32
33 # WARNING: default set configuration, DO NOT CHANGE.
34 # If you want to change anything redefine the relevant section in
35 # /etc/portage/sets.conf. Any changes to this file will be lost on the next
36 # portage update, and configuration errors here might upset portage in
37 # unexpected ways.
38
39 Please make all the changes in /etc/portage/
40
41 regards,
42
43 Boris
44 >
45 > And append "@kernels" line to /var/lib/portage/world_sets
46 > Now any installed (even with -1) kernel should be safe from ravenous
47 > depclean.
50 > --
51 > Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net
57 42