From: "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Secure remote backup
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:12:10
1 Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > cross-site-remote-backups
3 Erm, "Me too..."
4
5 My first attempt centred on Duplicity - which, on the surface, seemed to
6 be exactly what I wanted... but, unfortunately, it is unusably buggy...
7 and is no longer in avtive development.
8
9 My second (in-progress) attempt is with BoxBackup - which seems far more
10 robust... and promises the benefits of a 'continuous' backup - which I
11 now consider significant. The BoxBackup distribution instills a greater
12 sense of confidence - but documentation remains thin... and I'm
13 wrestling with configuring the backup daemon on a remote server (for
14 which I do not have root access...)
15
16 I'd be interested to hear other annecdotes about BoxBackup - is anyone
17 here using it and happy with their setup? Is there a good HowTo anywhere?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list