From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] conflict in update
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:48:37
1 On 25/04/09 Michael P. Soulier said:
2
3 > So, luatex and xpdf require poppler 0.10.4, but app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1 is
4 > already installed. I guess xpdf and luatex can't handle the newer poppler
5 > version for some reason? It's actually trying to downgrade poppler and
6 > poppler-bindings for some reason.
7
8 Furthermore it looks like
9
10 app-text/poppler-bindings and app-text/poppler aren't needed by anything right
11 now.
12
13 msoulier@anton:~$ emerge --pretend --depclean --verbose app-text/poppler
14
15 Calculating dependencies... done!
16 app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1 pulled in by:
17 app-text/poppler-bindings-0.10.5-r1
18
19 msoulier@anton:~$ emerge --pretend --depclean --verbose
20 app-text/poppler-bindings
21
22 Calculating dependencies... done!
23
24 >>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:
25
26 app-text/poppler-bindings
27 selected: 0.10.5-r1
28 protected: none
29 omitted: none
30
31 app-text/poppler-bindings needs app-text/poppler but nothing needs
32 app-text/poppler-bindings, so maybe it's a leftover...
33
34 My apps actually want a previous version instead.
35
36 Mike
37 --
38 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
39 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
40 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
41 --Albert Einstein