From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Latest kde Plasma appears to not autohide taskbar
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 02:57:54
1 On 04/10/16 04:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 02:35:13 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >
4 >> First and foremost would be "Where does the task bar store it's
5 >> config values such as Alignment and Visibility"? I've had a look in
6 >> ~/.kde4 and ~/.config and can't find anything - then again it is
7 >> currently 02:34 in Perth, Australia and waaay past my bedtime so I may
8 >> have missed something.
9 >
10 > After changong it the only file modified here is ~/.config/plasmashellrc
14 Following on from this spot, changing the "Visibility" from "Always
15 Visible" to "Autohide" to "Windows Can Cover" to "Windows Go Below" sees
16 the variable
17
18 [PlasmaViews][Panel 1][Horizontal1680] -> panelVisibility
19
20 change from 0 to 3 depending upon the option chosen, 0 being "Always
21 Visible" and so on. In my case, my screen is 1680 wide, hence the label
22 name. It should be noted that this is not an instantaneous change, the
23 file appears to be rewritten periodically, every 30sec/1min or so.
24
25 The question now becomes, the variable is being changed but why doesn't
26 the Task Bar respect the change? Time to write a bug report?
27
28 Andrew