From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Not enough RAM for dev-qt/qtwebengine build
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 06:09:06
1 On June 13, 2019 11:48:04 AM UTC, Alexey Eschenko <skobkin-ru@××.ru> wrote:
2 >That was my first move. Unfortunately it didn't help.
3 >
4 >But in the first answer in this thread I saw a good idea about
5 >decreasing number of parallel build threads.
6 >
7 >I have MAKEOPTS="-j32" and it's probably the cause of my problem with
8 >this package.
9 >
10 >Right now I'm trying separate build environment with decreased job
11 >count value and it looks promissing.
12 >
13 >I'll leave the message with results in the reply to that message.
16 When using --jobs (I had issues with -j once because a different build tool used it for something else) it is a good idea to also add --load-average. This will limit the amount of jobs when the load average goes up. (And that goes up fast when swap is touched)
19 Joost