From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Virtualization where to go from VMWare-Server-1?
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 09:05:10
1 In <AANLkTi=c4GB3GUB=3zeEdAk-D6n9sJreXC6o2DhXv4j8@××××××××××.com> petri.rosenstrom@×××××.com (=?UTF-8?Q?Petri_Rosenstr=C3=B6m?=) writes:
2
3 Hello,
4
5 does it work with a CPU that does not have the svm (I run on AMD)?
6
7 Konstantin
8 >Hi,
9
10 >if you are not afraid of the command line I would recommend KVM. I use
11 >it for my virtualization needs. When you don't want the sdl window you
12 >may use the -vnc switch. -daemonize switch is great for running in the
13 >backgroud. the -balloon switch is great for memory savings, I
14 >recommend KSM in your kernel also.
15
16
17 >Petri Rosenstr=C3=B6m