From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <michal.vaner@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB freezes the machine...
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 16:47:47
1 On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 09:01:22AM -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 1/1/07, Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >If it useful, this is my lsmod:
4 > >ohci_hcd 21636 0
5 > >uhci_hcd 24648 0
6 > >ehci_hcd 33160 0
7 >
8 > I seem to recall that loading multiple USB controller drivers can
9 > cause problems on some systems. You might try unloading all of these
10 > with rmmod, then loading just one, and see if your drive will work. I
11 > believe for most systems the ehci_hcd driver would be the preferred
12 > one.
13 >
14 AFAIK ohci is for USB 1.1, uhci for 2.0 and ehci is firewire, I have
15 them loaded all too. But I may be wrong
18 There's the light at the end of the the Windows.
19
20 -- Havlik Denis
21
22 Michal 'vorner' Vaner