From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] nfs behavior
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:42:28
1 I was able to get it to unmount using umount -l (lazy), but trying to mount
2 it again produces:
3 mount 192.168.1.36:/usr2/public
4 mount: RPC: Program not registered
5
6 John D
7
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: John Dangler [mailto:jdangler@××××××××.net]
10 Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 1:31 PM
11 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
12 Subject: [gentoo-user] nfs behavior
13
14 I setup nfs on a file server and my laptop and the first couple of days
15 everything was running fine.
16 I had to reboot the file server, and now all commands on the laptop to the
17 /mnt directory lock up.
18 e.g. - me@Nebo: ls /mnt
19
20 just sits.
21
22 I have to kill the terminal window, since there is no way to exit from it.
23
24 if I try umount /mnt/Mambo , I get
25 Cannot MOUNTPROG RPC: RPC: Program not registered.
26 umount: /mnt/Mambo: device is busy.
27 Cannot MOUNTPROG RPC: RPC: Program not registered.
28 umount: /mnt/Mambo: device is busy.
29
30 Any suggestions on what's going on here ?
31
32 Any input is appreciated.
33
34 John