From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EAPI packages
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 14:45:43
1 On 08/10/2016 06:54 AM, hw wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I´m trying to upgrade portage because I´m getting a message that it
6 > needs to be able to work with EAPI 6 packages and can only do EAPI 5.
7 >
8 > I´m running into merge conflicts when trying to update portage, and
9 > apparently one of the packages (dev-python/cryptography) I could try
10 > to update first to be able to update portage requires a version of
11 > portage that can handle EAPI 6 packages.
14 Try the other suggestions first -- but as a last resort -- you can
15 always grab a new stage3 that should contain an updated version of
16 portage and simply overwrite the portage files on your machine. A
17 quickpkg from another Gentoo machine (or the liveCD?) would also work.