From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Way OT - Question about Squirrelmail and authentication
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:59:43
1 This is probably the wrong list to ask this question on, but I'll ask it
2 anyway. I wanted to create set of PHP pages to offer espersunited.com
3 users with several different services accessible from their web browser.
4 I'd like for them to be able to enter their username and password at a
5 login screen and after be able to use all the services offered. The
6 only problem is that I can't figure out what mechanism Squirrelmail uses
7 for authentication. I've looked at the PHP source code file for the
8 login screen and I can't make sense of it. I want to either alter the
9 code for the login screen in Squirrelmail so that it will use the
10 session cookie I set (I think that was what it was called - the cookie
11 that lasts until a user closes her browser window and then goes away) or
12 to analyze the mechanism Squirrelmail uses and when I understand it to
13 use if for my login gateway. I'm still at the novice level with PHP,
14 but I should be able to understand this if I could only FIND it...
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list