From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla - pop-ups not blocked !!
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:20:39
1 Hi Jim,
2
3 I use privoxy as a peer cache for squid.
4
5 It works fine across the local network, and seems reasonably fast and
6 flexible.
7
8 My first proxy is squid, which then calls privoxy as its peer.
9
10 All my local hosts use squid as their proxy, and get the benefits of
11 using both squid and provoxy.
12
13 The only problem I encountered is that you have to directly access
14 privoxy to configure it using its web interface, rather than going via
15 squid. Not a major issue really.
16
17 Cheers, Dave
18