From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 07:16:49
1 On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr> wrote:
2 > The 20/02/14, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> > Thinking about this more, since apparently using a separate profile may
5 >> just
6 >> > be 'overkill', how about something simpler, like, for example, using
7 >> > eselect...
8 >> >
9 >> > Something like:
10 >> >
11 >> > # eselect init list
12 >> > Available init systems:
13 >> > [1] OpenRC *
14 >> > [2] systemd
15 >> > [3] runit
16 >> >
17 >> > (whatever choices are supported).
18 >> >
19 >> > Or am I just being ridiculous?
20 >
21 > The eselect command is already there in Sabayon.
22 >
23 >> No, yo are not; but the switching requires reemerging things because you
24 >> need to set some USE flags and quit others. That's the "difficult" (which
25 >> is not, really) part; if you set the USE flags yourself or via a profile,
26 >> or an eselect module, I don't think the difference matters at all.
27 >
28 > ... but I have no idea how it is done. That's why I asked what packages
29 > would require a reinstall (got no precise answer for now).
30
31 Sabayon uses binary packages, isn't? Then eselect perhaps uninstalls
32 some packages and installs others?
33
34 I've no idea; I've never used Sabayon, although I'm interested in trying it.
35
36 Regards.
37 --
38 Canek Peláez Valdés