From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ssh defaults to coming in as user "root"?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 23:09:12
1 I've done the preliminary setup on my laptop install, and copied the
2 package names I wanted into the world file. With dependancies thrown
3 in, the laptop is now compiling 268 ebuilds of various sizes.
4
5 One thing I noticed while setting up. I ssh in from my desktop PC to
6 the Thinkpad laptop (named "thimk" <G>) to set things up. The default
7 seems to be to come in to the root account, unless I override. User
8 "waltdnes" on my desktop does not default to coming in as user
9 "waltdnes" on my laptop. I have to specify a non-root user. See below.
10
11 [i660][waltdnes][~] ssh thimk
12 [thimk][root][~]
13
14 [i660][waltdnes][~] ssh waltdnes@thimk
15 [thimk][waltdnes][~]
16
17 Is this a recent change?
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications